Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Out and About

I was running errands today with Brett and my little girls. I always carry Lily in the front pack. She is much more comfy there than in her car seat. Some of you have had the misfortune to hear how much she HATES her car seat. It is painful to listen to. Anyway, I digress. Picture me walking through Wal-Mart today with Lily in the front pack, her little head barely showing over the top, pushing the cart with Brett holding Eliza's hand next to me. All of a sudden a woman stops me (which I get all the time, because frankly, my kids are super stars). Anyway, she stops me with an "Oh, my gosh...is that baby real?" ...Yup that's what she asked me. Nope lady I just like to carry 10 lb baby dolls around in the store to see if anyone will notice. Can I get a "Here's your sign"? Next we ran over to Office Depot. Eliza had a small package of crackers that she was finishing up. She decided that she didn't want to hold onto them while we were in the store, so she handed them over to me. That was her first mistake! We were in the store for a while walking around trying to find what we were looking for. I may have absent mindedly started eating those crackers along the way. Alright, I ate them all...and they were good!!! When we got to the cash register, Brett was taking care of the money end of things, when Eliza asks me, "mommy where my cackas?" To which I have to tell her that I ate them all. The lady behind the counter looked at Eliza and said something like, "oh, no, mommy ate your crackers!" Then she paused for a minute, looked at me and asked, "Wait...Did you really eat her crackers?" That's right lady, I took the food right out of my child's mouth! Don't judge me!

1 comment:

Mikaela said...

Haha! That'll teach her not to give you her crackers. I love it.

Also, it's so weird what people say to you in general.