Thursday, May 8, 2008

Pillow Talk

This morning I was being lazy in bed when Bonnie came in to snuggle. I love it when my kids do that! Anyway, she was telling me something that she was going to do during the day, and I mouthed the word "Wow". She said, "Did you just say wow?" I told her I had, and she said "say something that sounds like laundry." So I mouthed the word "Laundry". And she guessed that I had said laundry. Then she asked me to say something that sounded like eyeball. And she guessed it again! Next came earwax, light bulb, and nose. You wouldn't believe it, but she guessed every single one! The girl is a genius! I, however, am not so smart. My turn to guess went something like this..."Mom, I am going to say something that sounds like bed." She barely moved her lips at all, so according to the established rules, my best guess was "Bed?" Of course not, it was something that rhymed with bed. Well obviously I wasn't paying enough attention to the rules of the game, so I just started listing words that rhymed with bed, "Led, fed, said, head". She thought for a minute (she actually stuck her tongue out in concentration), then she says, "Head, yeah it was head!" And I'm done with that game!

No comments: