Saturday, November 29, 2008

Ethan's Baptism!!

Hooray! Today it finally happened! Ethan was baptized! I can't believe that I have an eight year old! He was so composed, and ready for this. He completely amazed me. The day was perfect, well almost, I suppose if it were to be absolutely perfect, I would have actually have had to see him baptized, and I didn't. And then I cried...a lot. Three others got baptized with Ethan today, one of them was a girl in Ethan's primary class, the other two are a young married couple who were just so excited to be there. They didn't however have anyone to be with them, and the wife needed help dressing. She asked if I would help, and I said I would be happy to. In our program, we had put the order of the baptisms specifically so that the wife would be getting baptised after Ethan, so I could watch him, and then be able to help her. Well since life isn't perfect, there was a mix up and she ended up getting baptised before Ethan. By the time I got back out to see the rest of the baptisims, they were already over. I couldn't believe that I had actually missed seeing my oldest child get baptized! My heart is broken, and although I tell myself that just because I didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't really happen, I think I am still in a little bit of shock at the whole thing. There are things that a mother should absolutely not miss, and her oldest son's baptism is one of them! Well, Ethan really did get baptized, and he was really happy today. It didn't turn his world upside down when he found out I didn't see him. He was a little sad, but only because I was. This was his day. This was about him and his choice to follow Jesus' example. I have really been trying hard to remember that.

2 comments:

Mikaela said...

Congrats to Ethan...I can't believe he's 8 already, and how sad you missed it...that really is too bad! But on a happy note, you look great! You look like you've lost some weight, and you're looking hot! :) Again, congrats to Ethan! What a big kid now!

Smith Family said...

I am so sorry that happened to you. ((((BIG HUGS))))