Thursday, August 14, 2008

First Day of School!

This is my attempt of immortalizing the first day of school. In this first picture, as you can see, Bonnie is smiling her very cutest I-am-to-excited-for-words smile! And Ethan is tolerating me. I told them to make their grumpiest faces. Usually reverse psychology works on Ethan. As you can see, it didn't this time. But once again, Bonnie is cooperating nicely. Now he is telling me that he doesn't' want his picture taken, and are we done yet? Bonnie is giving me a come hither look. Despite the undignified beginning to his day, Ethan told me he had a fantastic first day! His teacher gave him easy work, and he has friends in his class already. Bonnie had just a thumbs sideways day her first day at kindergarten. For those who don't know, a thumbs sideways means it was just OK, not a thumbs up awesome, and not a thumbs down total disaster. There was apparently something about her coloring when she wasn't supposed to and her teacher telling her to stop (meanly according to Bonnie). I am not sure on the details, she couldn't talk to me about them, it made her too upset. A random Bonnie story. Bonnie was asking me something, and I was saying no to whatever it was. She started to get upset with me and told me I was making her sad just like Satan! Well, I have to say, that one made me stop and think.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Delayne, such cute pictures! I also very much enjoyed the story of "the corn incendent" - oh, and the video of Bonnie singing...love it! keep up the good blogging =). p.s. you already have two in school? crazy!

Mikaela said...

I'm glad Ethan's first day was great! I'm sure Bonnie's school experience will get better. How cute are they though?