Thursday, August 7, 2008

I Don't Know What Just Happened!

This is a Brett Entry.....So, I was at the dinner table sitting down to a delicious smelling dinner of tri-tip, garlic mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. That's right I said "on the cob". This was going to be quite a treat and even the kids new it. As usual they began fighting over which was their seat. And as usual I just tried to stay out of the way. No sense in having four involved, besides Layne was handling herself fine. After it was over and Ethan lost I thought I would try to even up the situation by letting Ethan pick his ear of corn first. Not wanting to be left out completely Bonnie piped in and said as she pointed to the ear closest to her, "I want that one". Oddly, that was the very piece that Ethan wanted. As Ethan began chomping down quite noisily on his piece, Bonnie began her pouting mode by pointing out all the dirty flaws her terribly miserable piece of vegetation. Now here's the kicker, Layne was watching this whole thing and I could see her head getting redder and her eyes bulging. I knew something to remember was about to happen. It was then that Layne picked up Bonnie's piece of corn and began licking it like an ice cream cone, being careful not to miss a spot. There was actual silence as the rest of us just watched in horror. A few seconds had to pass before the crying started and we really understood what had just happened. I really can't tell you why ...or how...er I don't even know. I just thought you might want to know what happened. Plus I doubt it would have ended up in here (at least the whole story) unless I wrote it.

1 comment:

Anya Gilbert said...

I know that I have always loved you Layne! We are one in the same. Kudos to you for taking care of the problem...thats right taking care of the problem. Sometimes there is no better way to handle the situation.

Let me tell you a little story that I will never post on my blog. We were sitting out by the pool. Brayden and I were sitting and my nephew and hannah were swimming. Brayden had a cough and he wasn't going to go swimming because we didn't want it worse. I know it was mean not to let him swim and let the others but it was hot and Brayden agreed that it was for the best. Well about 10 minutes into the activity he decided he really did want to go swim. Well the decision had altready been made and life had moved on. Well the whinning and moaning (thats right) contunied.
"Mom but I am all better now and I just really want to go swimming"
"No Brayden we already talked about this you are still sick. NO Swimming!"
"BUt mom"
"NO"
"BUt MOM"
"Brayden, i said no"
This contuniued about 10 more minutes.

Well if you knew my son...as most 5 year olds it didn't stop...even after many threats and "LOOKS"
So finally I said fine brayden get in...
"NO MOM!!!"
as I threw him in the pool.
Don't worry he can swim and it wasn't a really throw in the pool more like a gentle toss...:)
And the best part was what he said when he got out...
"MOM you got my favorite shorts all wet now they will never be the same!"
"You wanted to go swimming"
"I don't anymore."
"GOOD"
So the point of the story is that it happens to the best of us.
Love you guys.