Monday, August 11, 2008

Seeing Double

I would just like to clear up a little confusion about the corn incedent. Yes I was at the end of my rope, and yes I really did lick the corn out of desperation, and it was the first thing I thought of. But what my loving husband failed to mention was the fact that I had to hide my face in the cupboard because I was laughing so hard. Of course Bonnie started crying that she didn't want her corn licked. I almost fell on the floor. I think I might be losing it! On to my real posting! I think I might be living in some sort of time warp where everything happens twice! I guess sorta like Ground Hogs Day, you know with Bill Murray when he gets stuck living the same day over and over. But I digress. I only live through everything twice. You might be wondering how I came to this conclusion, and I can tell you it is because of my children. They have started saying, "I was like..." after whatever it is they have said or did, and then repeating it again. Do they think that I can't remember two seconds ago? Do they think I missed it? I really just don't get it, but hearing everything twice makes me wonder if I haven't been getting it all along, and they are just trying to help me out so I don't miss anything. Ethan started it, and Bonnie has faithfully taken over for him. "Did you see mom? I was like you are such a silly eyeball, blah, blah, blah." All the while she is shaking her head like a dog. (True example) Yeah, I saw the first time cause you were right in front of me and you said, "Hey Mom", before you said it! Do mom's get vacation? I think I might need one! Anyone got any good ideas?

No comments: