Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cookies Anyone?

A little while ago, Brett made up a game called "Thirty". It is really easy to play, whoever can pick up thirty things and put them away first wins! Very exciting! I had told the kids that the winner of "Thirty" got to pick out what kind of cookies I made. Well Bonnie was not to be outdone in this game! She picked up her thirty things as quick as a flick (that's a Bonnieism). Although, after she got to twenty she kept asking me what came next. Ethan was feeling a little too cool for this game. He had caught on that we were just trying to pick up the house. Brett and I have to watch out, he is on to us! So Bonnie won the game, and she decided that sugar cookies were on the menu. I secretly groaned and moaned because not only are sugar cookies the messiest things ever, they are the cookie that takes the most time! Plus, they are not my favorite. But that is what she wanted, so I put on my brave face and my favorite apron and we made sugar cookies. We made the dough, rolled it flat, and cut out the cookies. It was fun to do, and Bonnie is always entertaining to be with. So by the time we were done, I was not grumbling about the effort involved in making sugar cookies. After we had finally put the last cookie on the cooling rack, and cleaned up the kitchen, Bonnie said, "You know mom, what I really wanted was those sugar cookies that have cracks in them. You know, they have flour all over them." She was talking about snicker doodles, which are much, much, much easier and yummier than regular old sugar cookies! Not to mention funner to say! I do roll my snicker doodles in actual sugar, not flour, by the way. ARRRRRGGGGG! I need to get more information before I start a project like that! In case you were wondering, my very favorite apron that I have on says, "Who are these kids and why are they calling me Mom?" I'm not sure why I like it so much, it must be the colors!

No comments: