Friday, October 10, 2008

As promised...

I have been telling Jenny that I will write a blog about Ethan and so here it is! Ethan is supposed to read everyday for his homework. He can read whatever it is he wants, but he must read for 20 minutes. We have had issues all year with him pretending to read, and not really doing it. So we have started to make him read out loud, which he hates! The incident that really put us over the top was after Ethan had put in his 20 minutes of reading one day. He was reading "Ramona Quimby Age 8", after he was done reading, Brett asked him what he read about. Ethan started mumbling something about a girl and school, while he thumbed through the book looking at pictures. He started telling Brett about one picture in particular where Ramona goes to school, and some really mean boys steal her ipod and throw it around...Wait a minute!!! Ding, ding, ding!!! I am not sure when it was written, but I'm pretty sure that Ramona was around when I was in elementary school. And when I was in elementary school there was no such thing as an ipod!! I'm thinkin' he wasn't really reading during that 20 minutes, what do you think?